Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sentences

Writing sentences is one of those things that second graders can't seem to get enough practice at.  So I threw some activities together for some fun practice.  

I made a scoot in which students can walk around and identify what type of sentence they read.  


These are some of the cards I made for the scoot activity:



This is the front of the recording sheet.


We did the scoot last week.  I have never had a student lose interest when we're doing a scoot.  They love moving around when they can.

I also made a fun foldable - a prism on which students can write each type of sentence.  




I think we'll create the prisms this week.

If you are looking for some extra sentence practice for your students, you can snatch this up at my TPT store.  Just click on the picture below.




No comments:

Post a Comment