Monday, September 22, 2014

Life Cycles

In my class we're learning about life cycles so of course we focus on butterflies.  We always purchase caterpillars from Insect Lore, but this year I realized that I had milkweed growing in my own back yard.  And milkweed = monarchs.  Sweet.




These little guys have now been successfully transferred to my classroom.  That involved a harrowing ride in which I swear one was trying to escape from the open baggie I was using for transport.  

Now they are all chrysalids.  Awesome.  I love monarchs when they become a chrysalis.  Have you ever seen one?  They green with flecks of gold.  So pretty.

And they are just a bonus.  We got our Insect Lore order Friday so we'll have a plethora of butterflies in the York classroom.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment