Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock!

This week we've been practicing telling time.  We started off by making this amazing little cutie:


This is a freebie that I found through Pinterest from Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher.  We practiced telling time for a few days using this craft and it seemed to really make it click that you count by fives to tell time.  I phased it out so they wouldn't be dependent on using this, then we played some fun games that I had whipped up.

We played a little board game I made up using these AH-MAZ-ING board game cliparts from Krista Wallden's store TPT.  Have you seen these?!  You should definitely check these out.  Click on the picture below to head to see these at TPT.

The board game I made basically involved kids reading clocks to tell the time.  

We also played a quiz-quiz-trade for telling time, as well as go fish for the same.

Yesterday and today we practiced telling time before and after the hour and this is proving to be a little trickier for my kiddos.  Today we created flapbooks to practice this.

This is what it looked like from the front.


Here's the inside.


Monday I'm going to have everyone set their flapbooks out and we'll all walk around and record answers from each other's flapbooks without peeking.  

To get your hands on these fun games and flapbook, check out my What Time is it? packet on TPT.


No comments:

Post a Comment