Monday, March 12, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Fun!

Last weekend my husband, my nephew and I went to the Snake Saturday Parade in North Kansas City.  It was so packed but we managed to have some fun.  It was really fun to take my nephew and see him take it all in.  Next weekend I think we're going to try to hit another parade in downtown Independence.  I hope the weather holds out.  Anyway, to go along with St. Patrick's Day I've made a packet of fun little activities.  There are math pages, writing pages, a fun bingo pages and two craftivities!  These are actually the first craftivities that I've come up with on my own so I'm pretty danged proud, to be honest.  Gotta give credit where credit's due, though, my husband helped a lot, including the suggestion about the pot of gold craftivity.  If you are interested in this packet come on over to my TPT store by clicking {HERE}.  

Here are a few pictures of what my class has done so far from this packet:


Here's a sample of the pot of gold craftivity.  With it students write about what they would do if they found a pot of gold.  


If you want the writing freebie that is also in my St. Patrick's Day Activities packet, click {HERE}.


Students made this fun shamrock craftivity and used one side for multiplication problems and the other side for contractions.  

 

I hung them up with the contractions facing out.  Jessica, a coworker had this really cute idea of putting up a rainbow on our bulletin boards with these.  Hers is cuter, I'm not gonna lie.  But I did sweat like a pig while putting mine up and I'm still proud.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Shanna - I taught second for a few years - my website has lots of resources...http://www.vickymoore2.com
    Glad I found you - I mainly blog now. I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. 360 photo booth

    ReplyDelete